Municipal Business Licenses
For information on fees and terms, and to download an application; select from the following licenses/permits issued by the Municipal Clerk's Office:
2014 Renewal Information
- A renewal reminder postcard will be mailed to you one month in advance of the expiration date of your license/permit. During a lapse in renewal, your license/permit is consiidered invalid.
- You can mail in your renewal. Please include all required documentation, notarized application, and payment.
- You may file your renewal in-person at the Municipal Clerk's Office. While on business at City Hall, free parking is located in the parking lot behind the building. Enter the parking lot from 7th Avenue, between F and G streets.
- All applications must be notarized. Free notary service is available at the Municipal Clerk's Office.
- All businesses operating in the State of Alaska require a State of Alaska Business License.
- Additional Permitting and/or Licensing may be required by other municipal departments for businesses that operate in Anchorage.
When applying, please be prepared to provide:
- 1. Completed Application
- 2. Picture Identification
- 3. Cash, Check, or Credit Card Payment
- 4. Copy of State of Alaska Business License
- 5. Other Required Documentation Related to License/Permit
You are not licensed to operate your business until you receive the actual license/permit.
Municipal licensing regulations can be found in Anchorage Municipal Code, Title 10.
Questions? Email us at MuniLicenses@Muni.org.
The Anchorage Assembly receives liquor-license applications from the State of Alaska for premises located in the Municipality of Anchorage. These licenses are then given a recommendation for approval or protest from the Assembly based on specific criteria laid out in the Anchorage Municipal Code. For more information on how to obtain or renew a liquor license in the Municipality of Anchorage, please contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.