Youth Employment in Parks
- YEP is now accepting applications for Summer 2014! Application Deadline: March 19th 2014
- A Special Opportunity for YEP Alumni is available at the SCA For more information contact Jillian Morrissey 907.715.2381
YEP Program Information
The Youth Employment in Parks (YEP) Program is a program of the Anchorage Parks & Recreation Department and the Anchorage Park Foundation. The goal of the YEP program is to positively engage a new generation of diverse youth leaders with the environment and the Anchorage community through meaningful training, employment, and outdoor recreation. More information
YEP seeks to:
- Create a meaningful "first job" experience and career pathway for diverse youth to work in the outdoors and natural resources fields.
- Expose youth to the outdoors and connect them with nature to support healthy lifestyles.
- Provide youth with community action skills and character development so they may become effective citizens.
- Improve community through enhanced recreation opportunities, parks and public spaces.
Thank you for your interest in the YEP program, a true community investment!
Back to Current Projects